Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Just a Dog

Quote of the Day:

I wish you were here to get under foot,
I wish you were here to get in my way.
To call me from work, to call me to play,
I wish you were here again.
~ Holly Near ~


My little dog, Happy, died today. He had been sick on and off since spring of last year and had just been seen by the vet on Saturday. He was my friend and companion for ten years, traveled all over the country with me and had references for his good behavior. Everyone who ever met him liked him. He was a sweet creature and I'll miss him.

I am no stranger to death. Having worked in nursing for over thirty years I have seen death in many forms. Too much death, too much suffering and too many tears. In situations like these one tended to either become 'very professional' or loose their mind to depression. There were, however, plenty of times I went into the bathroom to cry. Maybe that helped me to maintain a certain equilibrium and not totally loose touch with the empathy that, in such situations, could lead to despair.

In the greater scheme of things the death of a dog, even if he was my friend, is nothing, nada, zip, ziltch, zero. It is not worth a nano of a nanoseconds worth of tears or grief. I'm very sad but when I look around at the world and see the death and destruction that is done in the name of a god, or patriotism, or any of the other lies used for killing, a dog's death is not such a big deal. Billions of people have, are and will suffer and die for the lies and paramoralisms perpetuated in this reality by it's masters the pathocrats. To them we are all just dogs.

It's been going on for centuries. You would think that any normal person with two functioning neurons would be able to see through the manipulation. But it's not that easy. Anyone born on this planet is tainted with it's programs and thought patterns from birth. We learn how to be what we think we are from someone else and never fully experience the joy of individuality or express ourselves openly and without fear.

One of the most important lessons of the compost is learning to be honest and not lie. So, in all honesty, I can say that I will miss my buddy and I'm thankful for his short presence in my life, the lessons we learned together and how he taught me to love and care. Belittling his death would be tantamount to erecting a fence and buffering the emotions of sorrow and lose, which was exactly what I did while nursing in hospital. So, I thank him for this little gift of grief and think it will be a good thing to honestly feel it, let it work on me and use it to strengthen the will to Work towards Truth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home